Thursday, April 16, 2009

birthday goodness


thirty-five. 3-5. I tried to do one of those "35 things about me on my 35th", but I got bored of myself by number 15. So instead I thought I would share some of my yummy birthday goodness.

A pressie from my bestie sent just in time for my birthday ...



The long awaited copy of Meet Me at Mike's with instructions in the card to turn to page 100 and open the second package ...



Which contained all the bits and pieces needed to whip up the gorgeous little pants (minus the sewing machine but as we all know, I will be winning one tomorrow ;) What an awesome gift!

Then there was this lovely parcel from my gorgeous sis...


A beautiful Australian Merino wool top. I just love that gorgeous print which goes around the neck line and half way down the back. It's by High Tea with Mrs Woo where my sister works. And the colour makes a nice departure from my mostly black autumn/winter wardrobe!


And then I figured it was perfectly acceptable to whip up some pancakes for myself and the kids (in fact if anyone out there is slightly interested I have stumbled upon the most awesome pancake recipe - thick and fluffy and REALLY tasty. Just let me know and I'll post it). 

In fact Sienna and I decided pancakes on your birthday should be our new tradition. Sounds like a plan to me! 


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Melanie!! Looks like you had a great start to the day with those great presents and the pancakes looked great

    Speaking of which I'm up for a good pancake recipe. I promise I will follow it ;P. I tend to just throw flour, milk, egg and sugar together they do the job but are never light and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!

    And I agree...pancakes on the your birthday is a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! and thanks for your email. So glad someone is making those pants - will be interested to see if the pattern really works....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.... I made the first flick for my Melly's bday - just wish I could have wrapped that pressie better now!! Mmmmm .... pancake recipe looks a cracker! Hope you had a day to remember my sweet! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a day of great goodness!!
    Very jealous of your presents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy [belated] birthday - i followed through your links so i could check out the High Tea with Mrs Woo hardware. lucky, lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails