Tuesday, May 12, 2009

burg's potato salad


so I mentioned in my previous post that I would be back to discuss more of the party food. Really, the whole party was just perfectly timed for me to try out one of the recipes from my latest obsession - Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. And it was this one above that seemed to lend itself to the occasion - Burg's Potato Salad - the first recipe featured in the book.

I can't describe the weird feeling I had while making this dish. I mean, I've made a thousand recipes from a thousand books but this book - or really, memoir - is so personal and this recipe in particular being Molly's late fathers speciality just made the whole experience so full of emotion and meaning. Maybe if you've read the book you'll know what I mean? And probably be better able to describe it! I almost felt honoured to be making it you know?

Anyway it was incredibly yummy and really very easy to make. I would post the recipe but it's late and I need a cuppa ... let me know though if you don't have the book and you have a hankering for a great potato salad!











1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't have a hankering for a great potato salad recipe? I'm up for it! I can hear you thinking 'but she doesn't follow recipes'. You're right but your post made the idea of making it so attractive that I just can't resist!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails