Saturday, May 16, 2009

sisters are doin' it for themselves



..."standing on their own two feet ..." sorry (he he!).



well, I have just had the most fun weekend with my little sister, Clare. She is the one in the foreground of the photo, I am the scary-faced one at the back. Clare came down to Sydney to stay for the weekend with our main purpose being to scope out the Finders Keepers Markets on Saturday. Clare had a spot at the previous Finders Keepers before Christmas with her resin jewellery collection, Clare de Lune but she missed out on a spot this time around, so we thought we would go and see who actually did get in this time.

Also I was soooo desperately keen to catch up with my latest craft crushes in the flesh, namely Shannon (aka Aunty Cookie), Kirsten Doran (from Cheeky Beaks) and Alison Brookbanks (6.5 Stitches - check out the drop dead gorgeous photography on her site). 

Upon arrival the scene was akin to an arts and crafts mosh pit - everyone seemed in a desperate rush to get to where they wanted to go and I was no different! I adopted a 'take no prisoners' mind set and just dodged and weaved my way expertly through the crowd (so much easier without the usual kids in tow!), all the while secretly panicking that Aunty Cookie would have sold out of all her fabric sampler packs! Well, I found her and guess what? She hadn't! 

Then after gushing all over Shannon I worked my way over to Kirsten and Alison (and it was at this point I realised I didn't have my copy of 'Meet Me at Mikes' with me otherwise I could've been a REAL groupie and got the book signed! D'oh!)

Anyway this is what I picked up from Kirsten ...


So all in all, a very successful trip. Now to decide what to actually do with my new stash ... and my old stash for that matter!

Today Clare, Sienna and I tripped on over to Paddington to see the Sydney version of High Tea with Mrs Woo where Clare will be doing a short stint in the coming weeks (she currently works in the original shop in Newcastle as well as being a photography teacher). You might remember this post where I showed a top Clare bought for me for my birthday from the shop.

I can't begin to describe how divine this new Sydney offering is. It is more like a gallery space than a clothing shop. Please do yourself a favour if you happen to be in the area and pop in there for a visit. Not only are the clothes gorgeous (and designed and made by the three sisters who own the shop) but they have a superb range of jewellery and beautiful, unusual stationary sourced from around the world. All very tempting!

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend and such a departure from my normal routine. It's always very sad to see Clare drive away but luckily this time we won't have to wait too long for a return visit! 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend too :)



6 comments:

  1. You picked up some great stuff too! and...sounds like you had a lovely time with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to meet you and chat!! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you found some lovely fabrics and had a great time! You all have a great crafty scene going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic fabrics Mel! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. What a great weekend. It sounds like so much fun. I am always envious of women with sisters! I missed out on one

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool weekend ... your sis looks a little bit like Cate Blanchette !!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails