Monday, June 22, 2009

green tiles - part two

so here is the little quilting ritual I have started for myself ...


first, a tidy up of the sewing table including a quick piecing together of some of my favourite things (more details on these bits and pieces here) to make me smile. Or cry depending on how I'm feeling ;)


then the special candle Antonia gave me is lit, the music goes on (at the moment either Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" or, "The Eagle and the Ocean" by Riley Lee), and the squares slowly and methodically begin to pile up


as I'm sure most of you well know, there is something very meditative and immensely satisfying at this point of the quilt making process - the pressing, measuring, cutting, stacking and I'm sure all that green is having some sort of soothing effect too, right?


oh and the nice part is I usually have some company. Or not. And both is fine by me. 

6 comments:

  1. Those piles looks so gorgeous! I can't wait to see them transform x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. I am beginning to worry now that I am going to have to show this quilt when it's finished to some very experienced quilters! Might have to put a stocking over the lense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so tranquil. You really have chosen the most beautiful fabrics. I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks M-J. I find it hard to trust my instincts with fabrics so any comments about my choice are met with a huge sigh of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quince and QuireJune 24, 2009 at 3:24 AM

    I can't wait to see how it starts to come together. Lovely choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog Mel but can I just say that as a mother my heart aches in sympathy.
    I think making the quilt is a wonderful idea. I've just made my first and the feeling that you are making something to last and cherish is there throughout the process. If you need some more squares of green I'd love to send some from my new quilty stash :-) (just email) Susie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails