Monday, June 8, 2009

vivid


i have been finding it hard to shake those, "ho-hum-I'm-back-to-my-everyday-life" type feelings since getting back from our little holiday. I don't think those of us who live in busy cities realise the steady stress that living amongst so many people can put us under until we actually get to have a break away from it all. The problem of getting away from it all is then of course how jarring all the noise and traffic and busy-ness is once you get back!

anyway I have been trying my best to turn this funk I'm in around - trying to think of all the awesome things there are to love about this city (and really, there are a LOT of things), and I guess trying to get out there amongst it all again instead of trying to be back on holidays!
so instead of spending our usual night at home on Saturday I decided we needed to break the routine and get into the city to check out the Smart Light Light Walk, part of the Vivid Sydney festival. Has anyone else been to have a look at this? It's pretty amazing to see our already beautiful city lit in such amazingly thoughtful and artistic ways. 





and the kids were so incredibly excited to be out and about at night! I could almost see there minds expanding as they took in all the sights and sounds of their very busy city at night. As I was helping Sienna into her car seat on our way home she said, "Mummy, this has been a very fancy night hasn't it?" Priceless.

so I guess this city isn't so bad after all ... and I guess I am happy to be home :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I must check that light show out. What a cute little comment Sienna made...yes, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you kept the kids up, they will never be that age or experience it in that way ever again. Every second they grow up. It is SO WORTH SEEING with them. I wish I had with my girl but we had been out all day and it was just too much of a big ask to stay till dark. Thanks for photos now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take 2!

    This is so fantastic, I didn't even know this was on. What a great idea - and especially to do it with the smalls. I can only imagine how exciting it would be! Great idea. Love your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Sounds like a lovely night. We saw Buckingham Palace in London wrapped up with a big bow when they had Christmas lights there one year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails