Thursday, August 6, 2009

my creative space ... needs a makeover

A while ago I had a brainwave in the middle of the night that involved moving my son out of his room and in with his sister so that we could all have a creative space that didn't involve spreading stuff all over our (tiny) dining room table. Well, at first this space was kept relatively tidy (see here), aside from whatever project of Sienna's was going on at the time. That was until I got myself in to sewing again :)

I managed to snap up a dining room table (bigger than the one in our dining room I might add), from the deceased estate next door which became my sewing table. Then I picked up a chest of drawers off the side of the road some time back and recently gave them a coat of white paint (they were previously covered in that wood grain contact - noice). They have become a bit of a catch all for all the arty crafty stuff that goes on in this room and are stuffed to the brim. So now my problem is this ...









































































Everything just looks a bit ... yuck. My fabric stash is about to break the banks of it's basket home and well, it just isn't functioning very well.

I realise I am very lucky to have a whole room to sew in (even though it's shared), and so I feel I ought to give this place a bit of a spruce up so that it reflects my utter passion.

So stay tuned for the "after" shots!

And find more (attractive) creative spaces here!

11 comments:

  1. http://woollywotnots.wordpress.comAugust 6, 2009 at 8:19 PM

    well it looks great already, so I look forward to seeing the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I sort of know what you mean (but not, because your space is looking bright and airy) but it drives me nuts that a fabric stash is such a nightmare to keep legible - especially right after a wave of inspiration has hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word...............IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric stash fits in a BASKET?!!! You are one lucky woman! Count your blessings I think.. you'll look back on this post when you're making up the Ikea 4-door cupboard to house your fabric and have a giggle of hysteria ;) !!! It looks like a lovely space to me. :) K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sono-Ma: Holly White-WolfeAugust 7, 2009 at 2:27 AM

    My spaec needs a make over too! I found these pictures on-line for inspiration. Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for claiming your own crafting space!!!(even if shared with little ones)
    Have a sweet day!
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the spruce up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love a crafty space makeover. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! I know what you mean! Before you know it though you will be needing a much bigger basket for that ever growing fabric stash! Can't wait to see the make-over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the makeover - get yourself to IKEA...lots of lovely storage thingumajigs for your fabrc stash! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you get your room sorted out and the kids enjoy sharing! Sounds like an exciting time ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails