Saturday, October 31, 2009

my place and yours :: blog HQ

Playing along with Pip again this week. This week's theme queen was Tania from Ninon .

blog HQ

So here it is.

My blog HQ is wherever I can find a clear surface to put the lappy ... usually that is actually my lap but sometimes I manage to steal away a few moments in the kitchen - when small people think I am doing something else - to check in on my favourites.

The laptop is great - you can check in anywhere without having to worry about having a designated spot for all the computer paraphernalia. BUT ... the drawback is it is just how easy and available it is to dip in and out of. And so I find myself dipping in and out all day. And that's probably not such a good thing.

Anyhow a few items to mention that happened to be in my bloggy HQ today and found their way in to the photograph - some new Moleskin journals I bought today for a little project I have in mind, my favourite teapot filled with my current favourite tea (T2's Brisbane Breakfast), a few of the kids art supplies and a couple of overripe banana's I keep trying to press on the kids.

Ok and admittedly I did nudge the book into the shot. It's Cautionary Tales for Boys and Girls  and we just found it this morning. Have you seen it? It's hilariously funny and features some excellent renditions of softies as the characters of the tales. Cautionary and artistic. Excellent.

Head on over to Pip's place to check out some more Blog HQ's.

11 comments:

  1. I like your angle. Cautionary Tales for Boys and Tales looks very cool and I had to laugh at your bananas, what is it about these fussy little ones who don't like the black spots (my mum used to tell my sister they were the caramalised bits).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like working with the laptop more too. It is much easier. My favourite T2 tea is French Earl Grey. They have a great variety and the best taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm a dipper too. It seems to be part of my life now, popping in and out of other peoples worlds! Hope you find some clear space on this glorious weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great angle on this image Mel. Very nice. And I'm finding so many of us use laptops! They are the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your angled shot & love your teapot too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me likey the look of that book. And I do the same with dodgy bananas. Guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you're the first on the side view I've seen. Love it! Of course I love the little nudge of the book too. Sounds like a good one might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great spot. I had to chuckle about the bananas. The other day someone gave us a banana cake and it had a different texture to the one we make. I explained to Reuben (7) that it was because it had less banana in. Later I heard him telling someone it was because "our cake had more Rotten, I mean Bruised bananas in". I had to laugh. Those brown spots, apparently they look like rot to Mr 7!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey that book looks REALLY good! I must see if I can find it. RE the banana - if I peel one and it's got bruises I have to completely bust off the bit that's bruised - not carve it out with a knife - but totally break off the bruise contaminated piece and ditch it. Fussy me :( !

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is not an over-ripe banana. If I haven't yet got around to the shopping, in this house that is an 'almost ripe' banana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a great pic! I'm going to go get me a copy of that book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails