Friday, October 2, 2009

resistance was futile

I had a visit from my sis again last weekend and so this always involves me selflessly taking her on all sorts of shopping journeys around Sydney. It's hard work I tell you.

Anyway walking along Crown St in Surry Hills feeling slightly sick about the amount of money I had just spent on a top, when what do my eyes see in a shop window but this little beauty 


Printspace - from little things big things grow

Printspace - from little things big things grow

I mean really. How was I meant to walk past that? Unfortunately getting my hands on it involved me walking in to the shop where I was then confronted with a choice of even more gorgeous prints by Melbourne-based (of course!), illustrator and graphic artist Mara Girling of Printspace (check out her blog for more gorgeous prints and inspiring images. Oh and tell me you wouldn't want to see these images on some fabric?? Yes please!).

In the end, using super human strength, I managed to cull my hand full down to one more little beauty 

Printspace - bird stack

Now to find some frames to show off these gorgeous birdies ... and maybe one more print ... because I think things look good in three's don't you? ;)

8 comments:

  1. You definitely could not walk past that first print, this was yours! In the bag! The second print is just as cute, but yes I see what you mean, a third print would make these two just A-ma-ZING! Just where did you find these treasures?

    Ritax

    ReplyDelete
  2. That print was made just for you! I'm gonna have to check out that artist because I think 3 of those adorable prints might be JUST what a nursery needs ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cristin - yes! I was just drooling over some more of her prints last night ... owl and the pussy cat, little red riding hood, owls, aaaargh the list goes on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops yes I did forget to write the name of the shop didn't I? It was a shop called Mushu (Crown St Surry HIlls) - sells clothing mainly but also bags and shoes and these little beauties :) Well worth a look if you're ever around these parts. But actually her website has more range

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! What a great fantabulous find. Not only is it perfect it is really really cool. I love the way the universe works

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you end up not purchasing your NAMESAKE print??? What a great, great find x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking prints. The birds are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that birds print! I saw it at the Sisters Market a few months ago and nearly nearly bought it, but ended up with the Owl and the Pussycat print instead, as it was my youngest child's favourite bedtime song, sung every single night for years.

    I bought a frame for it eventually just two days ago.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails