Thursday, December 3, 2009

my creative space ... and the winner is ...

Well folks here it is ... if your computer has not melted at the sheer photographic weight of this post while it loaded up then you are about to see proof that you can indeed take a crochet hook on a plane! Yes, the hosties may do a double take or two as they pass you by but not once was I questioned about my hook! Woo hoo! And so I give you ...

Double, Double Hook and Travel! 

en route!

preparing for take off on board QF6 bound for Frankfurt

granny in action

nanna took a break to enjoy a cuppa and a bickie (I did contemplate doing the tim tam slam but didn't want to draw even more attention to myself)

just chillin' in yet another hotel room ... Stuttgart perhaps?

the perfect way to unwind in yet another German hotel room after a busy days site seeing

in Stuttgart

the city centre of Stuttgart

Heidelberg

in the beautiful town of Heidelberg

en route

on our way back to Frankfurt. The perfect way to avert one's eyes from the scary stuff happening on the autobarn.

BA flight to London

back on another flight (made it through another checkpoint!) bound for London

Pub meal

need I describe this one? The sausages were on their way ...

Buckingham Palace

trying to get the Queen's attention.

Tower of London

Tower of London

The Tower of London

a kindred spirit on Portobello Rd

Ah and the best bit ... meeting a kindred crocheting spirit along the Portobello Rd!

A massive "thank you" to all the entries in my naming competition. By god they made me laugh! In the end I found it too hard to pick a winner so handed it over to my beautiful friend Antonia, who picked the above title by the gorgeous Christina ! Congratulations Christina! Can't wait to send of the parcel of goodies.

Now for more creative spaces pop on by Kirsty's place ;)

14 comments:

  1. Could you really make me any greener??? With envy I mean..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am terribly sorry I missed out on your giveaway, the spiralling vortex of awfully busy has sucked me dry on the blogging front.

    That being said, I hereby officially welcome you, dear Mel, to the world of crochet. May every stitch bring you joy and may your tension remain steady. *raising my hook to you*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name for a great post. Watching now to see what you've been making. Welcome home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to post your travels Mel! I love the tower of London picture. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be one exhausted hook....hey great to see a sneak peek at you....pretty dam beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Love it all! Except you have made me exceptionally home away from home sick. Especially dig the sausages-on-the-way pic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip! My jealousy is only soothed by winning your wonderful giveaway! Sigh... I have been to the tower of London too, but it will be awhile before we get to go overseas again! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that sure is one well traveled crochet hook. Loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have hook...will travel. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you - euro trip by hook or by crook you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely adventure you & your hook have had! I hope it's not too jet lagged now after the great post & tourist pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic series of shots... Your crochet work has now become a travelling gnome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the photo of the yarn resting on those mossy cobbled streets! You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails