Monday, November 1, 2010

the good and the downright bloody awful (in reverse order)



The Downright Bloody Awful:

IMG_8629
  • Last Wednesday we had to let this gorgeous guy go. After making a few small steps towards a recovery it was an inability for his system to drain lymph fluids which was his ultimate undoing. Never mind the cracked skull. Apparently that would have mended itself but a blockage somewhere in his body due to trauma was just causing too much discomfort and finally we were advised we had done all we could do. And so the last few days has seen us all a bit flat and teary wondering where our constant companion is, only to have that sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach when we remember a millisecond later that he is gone. 
  • The lens of my camera is broken. Not nearly in the same realm but given everything else this has just had me really bloody frustrated quite frankly! Lord knows when we will be able to purchase another one. However this brings me to;

The Good:

  • A fun app on my phone (and just the pretty decent camera on it really), that has allowed me to shoot a few random bits of goodness. And to be honest I have been sucking the marrow out of these moments of goodness so I thought I might share them.

IMG_0502

IMG_0503

IMG_0536




  • Butterfly kisses


butterfly


    curls


    • Oh, and those curls!
    I hope there's been more good than awful round your way. 

    22 comments:

    1. Oh no, that's terribly sad. Poor Maxie. His heart must have been full of love. I know that feeling, and no words will heal it. I still miss my cat. He was a beautiful friend.

      Gorgeous pics, despite your broken lens, iPhone is GOOOO!

      Loving the flutterbys and the curls. xxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sorry to read about your cat, that very sad indeed.

      Beautiful pictures, butterfly and curls.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ah, poppet, you eke every morsel of goodness marrow. So sorry to hear the sad and downright shitty. xxx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Been thinking about you a bit lately lovely girly. I hope things are REALLY getting better despite all the crappy stuff. Sorry about your Max, its so hard. XX

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about your darling Maxie. But so glad you are finding a few positives to help with the healing after your loss. Hope there are more positives really soon. xx

      ReplyDelete
    6. So sorry to hear about the 'bad'.
      But your 'good' is really lovely!!
      Andi x

      ReplyDelete
    7. So sorry about Max. He was a truly gorgeous cat.

      But the curls, the curls! How i miss my little miss b's curls...........

      ReplyDelete
    8. Sorry to about your 'gorgeous guy'...great to see you finding lovely bits of goodness in the little things...xxt

      ReplyDelete
    9. sending you hugs, don't know what to say. have missed popping round here..sorry.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Oh, so sorry to hear about Max. I've been thinking of you & hoping he was on the mend. Here's to much more good and much less bloody awful this week.
      x

      ReplyDelete
    11. Mel I'm so sorry that Max is no longer with you. Take care and I hope that lots more beautiful bits of goodness come your way.:)

      ReplyDelete
    12. I am so sorry about your Max. I have been thinking about him and just hoping so hard that he would be ok. I really am sorry.

      xx

      ReplyDelete
    13. oh, thinking of you, hope the marrow heals some and the sun comes out in as many ways possible.
      x

      ReplyDelete
    14. So very sorry, we lost our little ginger cat recently, sad for you.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Oh no, what sad news, poor little guy. I hope you are all doing OK. Love xx

      ReplyDelete
    16. i'm sorry to hear your little fella didn't make it, i had my fingers and toes and arms and legs crossed for you. unfortunately i know very well how much it hurts to lose these little companions.

      ReplyDelete
    17. Oh Mel, I am so sorry about your goregeous friend, I too had to have my old girl put down last week and it near killed me. Huge hugs coming down your way. xx

      ReplyDelete
    18. Im shedding a tear for your Max as I sit here and then got side tracked (tried to distract myself as the teenager is watching) reading your profile, saw you are sarcastic and optimistic, in that order and im pressing 'follow' immediately.
      Hello by the way

      ReplyDelete
    19. Oh Mel, I am so sorry to read about Max. Those furry friends have a way of really getting into our hearts. Take care x

      ReplyDelete

    Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails