Thursday, November 11, 2010

my creative space :: a morning to myself

After the roller coaster ride of the past few weeks the kids saw fit to add a bout of gastro to the mix just to spice things up that little bit more. So anything on the creative front has mainly involved the swirling around in my head of things I would have been doing had I not been washing sheets or scrubbing (recycled) raspberry yogurt out of cream coloured carpet.

BUT this morning the eldest is at preschool and the youngest is in care for a few hours so ...

morning tea

after consuming a few of these it was onto these

strips

which were then added to this

Sienna quilt

the seemingly never ending sea of pink quilt (with the occasional godsend sprinkling of chocolate brown), for Sienna.

And guess what? With that my morning to myself is over and I'm off to pick up the fellow. But hopefully with this little flurry of activity I'll be back in the veritable creative saddle.

For more creative spaces head on over to Kirsty's place.

12 comments:

  1. Num Num....scones...drool!!
    On a side note your sewing also looks lovely hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh - I love stripey binding! It is going to look so lovely! Hope the morning of peace bought you a chance to recharge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum - all looks scrummy. love the chocolate with the pink!
    Carmel

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ingredients of a perfect morning. So nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, gastro! Evil evil gastro!

    So glad you got some you time this morning. Scones and quilts should be mandatory companions. Hope the rest of the day was lovely as well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I reckon pink is more than excusable when complemented with chocolate. IS THAT FIG JAM ON THOSE SCONES??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours. It will be beautiful.
    Oh and I HATE gastro with every fibre of my being! Give me a decent bout of flu I can soldier on through any day...but not the dreaded gastro - blah!
    Hope you feel better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for time! my little one was also struck with a tummy bug this week - not nice! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't time without children seem to rev up to warp speed. What's with that?
    Still your morning tea looks delicious. I hope you're well enough not to recycle it... a turn of phrase that I will be totally adopting from now on.

    ... oh yeah ... and the pink and chocolate brown looks lush together. Lovely dovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the gastro - worst.sickness.ever!!! That quilt is looking fantastic, can't wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Childhood viruses do take up a lot of our time and energy.
    Your breakfast and your sewing look delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails