Thursday, January 20, 2011

my creative space :: my new hangout

Guess where I went today to get the creative juices flowing?


IMG_0350


The kids were just as excited as I was


IMG_0349


I've got to say the new Balmain digs are stunning. Set in a light-filled, airy space it is the perfect backdrop to some gorgeous wares including shelves and shelves of Liberty fabrics and Rowan yarns amongst many, MANY others.


IMG_0334


yarn


IMG_0342


The service was spectacular from the fabulous and knowledgable Amy who is lucky enough to get to play here most days.

And would you believe I only walked away with this small stack ...


IMG_0351


... well, this time anyway.


For more creative spaces (yay it's back!), whizz over to Kirsty's.

15 comments:

  1. Oooo, I'm heading up to sydney in march for the aust blog con - maybe I'll have to stop in for a squizz. It looks divine :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel it looks great haven't been down yet. Is there a pattern for that dress do you know, it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine! LOVE your choices too.
    And look how big your kidlets are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! Lovely stack too.
    ...think I might drop in to C&I tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have extreme self-control .... if it was me, my stack would have been easily three times that! I love fabric shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this store in Sydney too? We have one in Mosman Park, Perth...most definitely my favourite hangout too!!
    Their fabric selection is unreal...and the service is amazing!
    xx Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so lucky to be near by. I used to frequent the perth store when we lived there on the coast. It's such a lovely store. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks like Sidney is a kind of dreamland for fabric and yarn lovers. Would like to see what you make from this great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know.. I went there yesterday and spent waaaay too much money.. I could spend all day in that store.. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lovely choices! It looks like a very nice place to while away some time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ridiculous restraint! RID.IC.U.LOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im planning a trip to Sydney sometime in the year Ill sure to look you up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A pretty stack of fabrics! And, yes, I too am obsessed with yellow and grey...perfect combination I think!!! Good luck with your new quilt for the little one on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that shirt!!!

    a beautiful stash you walked away with, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails