Tuesday, March 22, 2011

29 weeks and counting ...

The blogging mojo seems to have exited stage right around these parts. I love it when I read blogs that have seemingly ordinary day-to-day stories (I'm a bit of a voyeur like that), but lately mine have seemed way too ordinary, you know?

And then I remembered something that is so ordinary it's extraordinary ... I am cooking up a human.


29 weeks


Yeah I know tonnes of us have done it and done it a few times over but it is pretty cool isn't it? There's a person in there. Sure there's the three toilet trips a night, the varicose veins the ridiculously enormous bosoms that now appear to rest on the belly (cleverly edited out of the photo), the extraordinary tiredness coupled weirdly with insomnia, the low blood pressure and iron levels ... mmmm good times. But then every now and then I remember that this will be the last time I do this and of course how much I wanted to get to this stage last time and then suddenly this little guys cartwheels and elbows (or knees?) poking out aren't such a pain. Sort of.

17 comments:

  1. look at you, so beautiful!! Enjoy every moment, even those ordinary & tiring ones, especially knowing it's the last time, just magical...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, isn't it?! I mostly loved the cartwheeling. Except for the ones that twanged the nerve that made me leap two feet in the air (wholly inelegantly) and then experience an urgent need to wee. So what's the bumpier bit above the belly button? Head? Bottom? Exuberant waving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. I remember those days... So much to look forward to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo. Cherish those times..though difficult they pass all too quickly. I have a 3 month old and yet being pregnant feels like a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photo and yes I love not being pregnant and prefer the little person instead. glad it's my last time but those are famous last words... I said that last time! As my nana said it's a long time but a short time and I think that says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a truly wondrous thing ...when you stop and think about it, no matter how many people have done it how many time. You are growing a totally unique brand new person !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaooooo! that has made my day. In amongst all the craziness of the world we get a beautiful image like that. JUST PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking good thoughts for you and all of yours, Mel. I've no doubt there will be lots of extraordinary ordinary moments to blog about soon, whether or not you have the time and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Mel, so exciting :-)
    And yes its so amazing!
    There is something so wonderful about carrying them so close.
    Though those last weeks seem to go slower just when you're dying to meet them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a lovely belly and a lovely thought. Best wishes for the last little bit Mel, it'll be here before you know it and you'll be posting something very beautiful and extraordinary into 'my creative space'! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing. Gorgeous shot - love love love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kudos to you - awesome crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails