Thursday, March 31, 2011

my creative space - progress report

It's been a quilty kinda day here today. Quite fitting really given the weather is finally starting to feel slightly cooler.

So you might remember this pile from last week's creative space? Well here it is a week later


yellow + grey - progress


I'm not sure if it's finished yet and since I don't have a cot set up I have no idea if the size is right or not. I  have had moments of sheer joy piecing this in it's haphazard, 'a-little-bit-of-this-a-little-bit-of-that' way. And then at other moments I have been so stumped by indecision about what should come next that I was wishing for a pattern.

BUT I figure I must be on the right track since the Mr's response was along the lines of, "Wow. You should make it bigger because I really like this one". Not entirely sure if that was meant to be a reflection of all my previous quilts or not ....

Speaking of which this one was picked up from the long arm quilter, Suzanne (you may remember her handy work from such quilts as this) today.


shirt quit - quilted


Just a sneaky peek for now. The final reveal will happen once the binding is on. So don't hold your breath or anything.

For more creative spaces head on over to Kirsty's place.

15 comments:

  1. so beautiful - love the birds and trees - what a lucky baby in soo many ways! hope the bump is being enjoyed by all.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Fabric with the Trees etc & the Colour Combo on this one...
    Great Job..
    Hope all's going well...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are both so lovely Mel! Can't wait to see more of that quilting too ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. See. See. I hate to say I told you so BUT I told you so.

    Looks bloody fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is amazing, you have been super busy! I

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one fabulous looking quilt!! great colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby quilt is looking amazing! And the sneak peak is beautiful too... look forward to seeing more of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Kate. See? She told you so! Fabulousness. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the baby quilt - the 'little bit of this and a little bit of that' has made a little bit of a really gorgeous quilt - very lucky baby No 3! I am so glad you liked the quilting - it was a pleasure to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the origami print fabric in there - really effective :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it...those fabric choices are DELISH!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails