Thursday, June 23, 2011

a problem with monogamy

... of the knitty variety that is. Either I have to commit to one project or ...


knitting bag


... I need to make myself a bigger knitting bag.

On the sticks at the moment we have a cherry red Milo vest for Leo


cherry Milo


the Striped Cotton Cowl for moi


spring cowl - progress


and the super easy baby blanket which was given to me by my bestie Antonia as a most excellent baby gift.


baby blanket - progress


And then last night Luca said, "Mummy you have a scarf and I don't and that's not fair". Ouch. Far be it from me to leave the poor middle child's neck all naked! Looks like project number four will be cast on imminently.

For more creative spaces head over here.

p.s A massive THANK YOU for all the beautiful comments on the arrival of our Leo. He is two weeks old today and apart from having a cold (a gift from his brother and sister), he is doing very well indeed. 

14 comments:

  1. your milo is looking good, I think it keeps boredom at bay to have a few things on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spring cowl looks gorgeous... love the colour/s :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! I love the colors of the baby blanket. And I now want a striped cotton cowl too! What yarn are you using for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much knittery goodness here x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm I have a similar problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on Baby Milo. My 2nd child seemed to have allergies for most of infancy but thankfully he outgrew all of that. Knitting and crocheting is something that is easy to pick up and put back down amidst all the craziness of daily life. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I have to cast on a Milo in red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red... and those colours in that baby blanket are just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the red Milo. It makes me want to knit a Milo too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad I'm not the only one with an overflowing project bag - actually now expended into 2 bags because I cast on more than I cast off it seems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can a mother of two young children and a new born one have the time to knit, I wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote for a bigger knitting bag, all of these projects look great! I am especially fond of that striped baby blanket, very simple and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I could knit like you I think I'd be a total floosey myself. All looking gorgeous Mel. Right now I'm desperately wishing I had any ability with yarn and sticks, cos I'm not finding space for sewing and the machine is dead yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been known to tart my knitting around that I have 2 or 3 sets of some size needles.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails