Monday, February 11, 2013

colour (or color)

IMG_4296

I've always been more of a black, white, grey, beige kinda gal (ok yes, a bit of yellow thrown in there too), but yesterday I lined up with a bajillion other Sydney-siders in the sweltering heat to run 5km whilst being periodically doused with brightly coloured powdered dye. This was of course for the Swisse Color Run, a run which has been held at various locations around the world raising money for various charities (the Sydney run was for Heart Kids). And it was my first fun run!

Needless to say it was a blast (especially when I was finished the actual running part*), and was definitely a "fun" run in every sense of the word. Just loads of people, young and old out to have a great time.

Now on to my next run ... **


  IMG_4311



*Seven weeks ago I started using a couch to 5k style running training app on my phone three times a week. Whilst I didn't run the whole 5k yesterday (did I mention it was sweltering out there?!) I did slightly better than I would've seven weeks ago!

** Notice how I've just skipped straight over the whole "where have I been for SEVEN MONTHS" and just started blogging again? Maybe one day I'll do the big, "we-renovated-a-house-even-though-when-we-bought-it-we-didn't-know-we-needed-to-renovate-it" post. 










5 comments:

  1. This looks like a fantastic time! Good for you for doing it and for blogging again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had such a sensational time!

    When do you run your first marathon?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the way you breezed past seven non-bloggy months!

    Even more trés impressed on two other counts:
    1. Completing an unplanned reno within seven months
    2. Embracing the colour while sweaty. Sticky, non?

    PS. Also bemused that we're still blogging telepathically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back big sista, proud of you for getting of ya butt and doing the run and proud of you for getting on ya butt and blogging again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! We're doing the color run here in April with our two little girls, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Now go and make something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails